The Computer Science Mobile Application Development program will enable students to develop skills in website and native app design, learn relevant programming languages for application development on a variety of smart-devices and learn the policies and practical application of current and emerging standards and technologies across multiple mobile devices For more information, call Stacy Walker, Program Coordinator, at (203) 285-2462 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon the successful completion of all program requirements, graduates should be able to: •
- Plan, design, code, test and debug solutions to programming problems using a variety of programming languages
- Gain an understanding of fundamental object-oriented programming concepts and principles, including encapsulation, inheritance, and polymorphism.
- Compare and contrast mobile platforms, their tools, and the development process
- Install software development kits for each mobile item platform
- Demonstrate understanding of the development cycle for mobile devices including building, testing, and deployment
- Create apps for Apple iOS, Google Android, and Microsoft Windows and create cross-platform web applications for mobile devices