Program Learning Outcomes:
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
1. Demonstrate working knowledge of the scope of the sport industry, along with professional practices of working in the sport management profession;
2. Demonstrate knowledge of the historical and philosophical foundations of the sport management profession;
3. Explain the importance of budgeting and financial management to sport-related organizations and be able to evaluate micro- and macro-economic principles as they relate to the sport industry;
4. Explain legal concepts relevant to the sport industry and evaluate situations in sport settings that may have legal implications for sport organizations, entities, or participants;
5. Explain and apply principles of mass media, communication, promotion, and public relations, particularly as they relate to sport management;
6. Communicate effectively and professionally via presentation and public speaking opportunities, and in writing to internal and external audiences;
7. Explain the importance of and the procedure for organizing the workplace and defining tasks, responsibilities, and relationships.
For more information on the program, contact Professor Todd Degree at TDegree@gatewayct.edu.