In today’s global, digitized, and interactive business environment, marketing offers an exciting opportunity for students. Marketing is dynamic, challenging, and the driving force in most businesses because it focuses on satisfying needs and wants of consumers. It includes activities that influence the flow of goods through the supply chain including product development and management, packaging, distribution, pricing, advertising, selling, and customer service. Marketing classes integrate theory and practical applications while applying related business knowledge. The program courses may be transferred to bachelor’s degree programs. For more information, contact the Department Chairperson, Professor Sheri Valentin at 203-285-2169 or SValentin@gatewayct.edu.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, the graduate should be able to:
- Identify core concepts of marketing and the role of marketing in organization, society and the global economy.
- Describe the legal and ethical environments in which marketing is conducted.
- Demonstrate information literacy through research skills and the use of technology.
- Demonstrate analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills applicable to business administration and marketing.
- Apply effective written and oral communication skills to business situations.
Please click here for important information regarding: Becoming Connecticut State Community College