The mission of the Honda PACT Degree Program is to educate those seeking employment in the field of automotive technology. It will prepare students for entry-level employment as Honda/Acura Automotive Technicians. The Automotive Technician field has been in very high demand in the State, and it is growing. The intent of the program is to meet the growing need for technicians in the college service area. This program furthers the college’s mission to “respond to the changing academic, occupational, technological needs” by offering “a broad range of credit (technical, career, academic) programs and courses leading to transfer, employment and lifelong learning.” The automotive curriculum is designed to meet all ASE Accredited Training Program requirements for national accreditation. For more information, contact Program Coordinatorm Giuseppe (Joe) Vertucci at (203) 285-2434 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. * Students must be sponsored by a Honda or Acura dealership.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates should be able to:
- Meet all ASE Accredited Training Program required outcomes for MAST certification
- Demonstrate workplace skills related to the occupation, including but not limited to resume preparation, seeking employment, maintaining a safe and healthy workplace environment, demonstrating workplace ethics, and teamwork
- Apply knowledge of theory and safety to accomplish certain tasks related to the occupation
- Identify and use appropriate tools, testing, and measurement equipment to accomplish certain tasks related to the occupation
- Use current reference and training materials from accepted industry publications and standards to accomplish specific tasks
- Receive corporate credit for web based and embedded classroom / laboratory training in the “inTraining” Honda system
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of all fundamental automotive concepts as outlined by ASE Accredited Training Program requirements.
Please click here for important information regarding: Becoming Connecticut State Community College