Connecticut’s College of Technology is an innovative course of study for men and women considering a career in the challenging and rewarding fields of engineering and technology. It is an integrated curriculum at Connecticut’s public and private colleges and universities, allowing individuals to begin their studies at Gateway Community College and progress directly into a bachelor’s degree program at a four-year university. The curriculum consists of two distinct pathways: engineering and technology.
Connecticut College of Technology Studies Pathways Program Outcomes
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, the graduate will:
- Demonstrate competence in written and oral communication
- Demonstrate scientific and qualitative reasoning skills
- Be able to apply appropriate mathematical and scientific principles to problem solving
- Have completed the two-year course of study as outlined in the Gateway Community College catalog
- Be eligible for transfer to the UCONN School of Engineering or CCSU School of Technology, depending upon the chosen pathway
- Follow a curriculum containing at least the minimum general education requirements with a core of college of technology requirements
The Engineering Science A.S. degree leads to transfer to one of the following institutions: School of Engineering at the University of Connecticut, School of Engineering at the University of Hartford, School of Engineering at the University of New Haven, School of Engineering at Fairfield University.
The Technology Studies A.S. degree leads to transfer to the School of Technology at Central Connecticut State University or Charter Oak State College, Connecticut’s external degree program. The Technology Pathway to the School of Technology at Central Connecticut State University enables transfer into one of three programs: Engineering Technology, Industrial Technology, or Technology Management.
For information on any of the Technology Studies Pathway programs, contact Susan Spencer at (203) 285-2452 or e-mail at (email@example.com).
ProgramsAssociate in Science